As you can see in previous posts our Spring Break has been full of fun and adventure with my in-laws in town from Michigan.
On my dear Mother-in-laws 'Bucket List' she wanted to check off one thing while she was down here in the Sunshine State -- to swim with the dolphins!
So off to Marineland we went! Before I show off our day at Marineland here is a little history lesson for you...
- In 1938 Marine Studios opened
- It was the world's first oceanarium and underwater motion picture studio
- Later it was named Marineland and turned into a tourist attraction
- Within two years the facility attracted nearly half-million visitors annually
- In 1941 it was closed during World War II so the U.S. Coast Guard could use it for training.
- But it took until 1946 until the facility was reopened to the public
- Nellie is the worlds oldest and still living dolphin in human care at Marineland. She is 59 years old!
So here are in the in-laws and my mother-in-law grinning from ear to ear in excitement!
Let the fun begin...
Here is my mother-in-law and her encounter with Pepples
|One HAPPY Mother-in-law!|
Payton and I had our own encounter with Roxy. We got to feed, touch and have her do tricks for us.
After a great day at Marineland we went home to start baking and cooking for our family and friends get together for the next day.
|Homemade Butterscotch Pie|
Yes, we ate other things at our cookout besides pies and cakes but they were just to pretty to pass up taking a picture of...
Here are some quick pictures of our visit on Saturday morning to the Riverside Art and Fresh Market
What an eventful 10 days it has been but we all had a blast! Hope you enjoyed the pictures.
What are/were your plans for Spring Break?