Monday, February 6, 2012

In Memory...

February 7th a year ago, changed my life forever. My heart is deeply sadden that it has been a year since I lost my mother. I miss her smile, her laugh and her love more with each passing day... 


 
Some days I've asked myself, why? Why did God have to take her from us so soon? I know that the rule is that children are suppose to out live their parents but she was only 51. That was not nearly enough time for all of us but I know now, today, that she is in a far better place. God has an unseen purpose for taking her home and one day we will be reunited again.  







When you lose a loved one it leaves an everlasting foot print on your heart. We take for granted those that we see day to day an sometimes without notice they can be striped from our lives forever. It really puts things into perspective for you.




No more holidays with that loved one...




 No more kisses...



 No more hugs...



No more birthdays...


Or family nights together...


Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
~Author Unknown



I selfishly want her her with us to enjoy all those wonderful things but I know that her beautiful smile is shining down on us each and every day. So all those wonderful memories I shall cherish, and pass on to her grandbabies...








Fly free...

Here is the poem I read at my mothers memorial...
In Memory
It broke our hearts to lose you,
but you did not go alone.
A part of us went with you,
the day God took you home. 
If tears could build a stairway, 
and heartaches make a lane,
we'd walk our way to heaven,
and bring you back again. 
In life we loved you dearly, 
in death we love you still,
in our hearts you hold a place 
no one could ever fill.



Have you hugged your friends and family and told them you loved them today? Please do...


 

5 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful memorial to your mother Allison. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a huge hug! You are so beautiful & your momma is so proud! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. We will lift you and your whole family up with our thoughts and prayers. As you know god has a path for all of us. And he will never give us more than we can take. Even though your mom is not physically with you, she is around you always watching over you. We all need someone like that. Lots of love and hugs from all of us. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I'm crying now!!! You're a special angel she left her wings for! She soured to heaven, and doesn't need them anymore! Angels protect and you do that everyday! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison I am so sorry for the past year for you. I know it must have been so difficult. I know how close you were with your Mom. I have many photos of her on my computer at work and see her everyday and think of her. I know how proud she was of the daughter your were and the mother that you are also. I am here for you anytime and you are always in my thoughts and prayers:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. It makes my day!