Sunday, April 1, 2012

"The simple things..."



The simple things:
Playing dress up with my daughter, Payton. This dress my grandmother made for me when I was Payton's age for a special Easter Sunday event. She was so excited to wear it after hearing the story behind this beautiful white dress I wore at her age. Up until a year ago I haven't seen this dress since I wore it when I was 6 years old but when my mom passed away last year I came across it and brought it home for Payton. This was the first time that I've pulled it out of the closet since last year. But this day was the perfect day to play dress up and we had so much fun -- even more so taking these pictures since she LOVES to pose for pictures.
 She looks like an Angel...


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl in a beautiful dress made even more special by the memory and story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet memories... your daughter is adorable.

    I wanted to ask everyone if they would share the Linky Follower party on facebook so we get lots of new followers--after all it benefits all of us.

    xoxo,
    Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfectly meaningful to go with the beauty of the photo. How wonderful for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is very special you still have that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is amazing ♥ And your daughter too ofcourse! I enjoyi playing dress up - probably more than my kids :) Lovely blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet sweet pictures. Just lovely.
    Love your blog design too.
    Thanks for following me. I follow you too now.
    Cathy and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious! She looks straight out of another time...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The dress and your daughter are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooo, so sweet!
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment. It makes my day!